Jaylon Johnson was trying to make a statement on Sunday Night Football.
Just not the statement some college football fans thought.
When the Chicago Bears cornerback was introduced during a nationally broadcast matchup with the Los Angeles Rams, Johnson shouted out Central High School instead of the University of Utah, where he twice earned All-Pac-12 honors during his time with the Utes.
Jaylon Johnson shouting out @_CGFootball instead of his college, Utah on Sunday Night Football! @ABC30 pic.twitter.com/KOyvThgius
— Stephen Hicks (@StephenABC30) September 13, 2021
The introduction caught some Utah fans by surprise.
Turns out, Johnson merely wants to spread a positive message to kids growing up in his hometown.
“I’m going to represent Fresno and [Central High School football] every chance I get,” Johnson tweeted Monday. “I want to inspire the youth and let them see someone who was in there [sic] shoes once make it. That it is possible. Everyone knows [Utah football] has dogs in the league. I want everyone to know Fresno has it too!!”
I’m going to represent Fresno and @_CGFootball every chance I get. I want to inspire the youth and let them see someone who was in there shoes once make it. That it is possible. Everyone knows @Utah_Football has dogs in the league. I want everyone to know Fresno has it too‼️
— Jaylon Johnson (@NBAxJay1) September 13, 2021
The Rams beat the Bears 34-13 on Sunday, but Johnson had five tackles and one pass defended on the night.
from The Salt Lake Tribune https://ift.tt/3C77AiL
Post a Comment